- Visitors can apply for tourist visa at this Embassy / Consulate every working day (Monday – Friday) from 10:00 to 18:00 hours.
- Normally it takes one working day for issuance of visa from this Consulate.
- Visa can also be obtained from the Immigration Office located atTribhuvanInternationalAirport,Kathmandu on arrival and other entry points as mentioned below.
- Immigration Office, TribhuvanInternationalAirport, Kathmandu
- Immigration Office, Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Immigration Office, Belahia, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Jamunaha, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Immigration Office, Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
- Besides the Embassy, tourist visa can also be obtained from the Honorary Consulates General/Consulates of Nepal in Rouen, Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon and Athens.
- All foreigners except Indian nationals must obtain visa to visit Nepal.
- Nationals of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Pakistan and Sri Lanka will get tourist visa free of charge for 30 days period in a visa year (January-December).
- Visitors who would like to take visa from the Embassy of Nepal, Paris, should deposit their visa fee in the Embassy’s/ Consulate’s bank account and visitors who would like to take visa from the Honorary Consulates General/Consulates, should deposit their visa fee to the respective Honorary Consulates General/Consulates’ bank account.
- For the Consulates General/Consulates’ bank account, visitors are requested to contact at the respective Consulates General/Consulates. Click here for Consulates General/Consulates ‘ list
- Honorary Consuls General/Consuls of Nepal are authorized to take extra Euro 5.00 per visa as an administrative cost.
- Send a self-addressed strong envelope with sufficient postage to return passport/s. We advise applicants to send prepaid envelope of any kind of express mail to return passport/s. We take no responsibility of any undelivered passport/s because of the insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load, etc.
- The tourist visa fee rates in the Embassy/Consulate’s are as follows:
Service Fee Sehedule.
|Visa Types||Service fee|
|15 days Multiple Entry / Tourist Visa||€ 30.00|
|30 days Multiple Entry / Tourist Visa||€ 45.00|
|90 days Multiple Entry / Tourist Visa||€ 105.00|
- When applying for a visa, please submit the following:
- Original passport with at least six months’ validity
- One recent photograph
- Duly filled in Visa Application Form (available at the Consulate or click here to download)
- Children under ten years old will get visa free of charge.
- Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn, visa fee cannot be refunded after visa is issued, and it must be used within six months from the date of issue.
- Visa Extension- A tourist visa can be extended at the Department of Immigration, Kathmandu or the Immigration Office, Pokhara for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
- For information about Non-tourist Visa, Study Visa, Business Visa, Residential Visa, Non-residential Nepalese Visa and Transit Visa, please visit the website of the Department of Immigration www.immi.gov.np in Kathmandu.
Department of Immigration:
The Department is located at Bhrikutimandap, Kathmandu.
Tel: +977-1-4223590 / 4222453 / 4223681
Fax : +977-1-4223127
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Diplomatic and Official Visa
- The Embassy can issue visa for foreign diplomatic and official passport holders for a maximum 30 days period.
- When applying for a Diplomatic or Official Visa, please submit the following documents:
- Original Diplomatic or Official Passport with at least six months’ validity.
- One recent photograph
- Note verbal with recommendation from the concerned Ministry of Foreign Affair or Diplomatic Mission.
- Duly filled in Visa Application Form (available at the Embassy or download from this webpage)
Note: The consulate reserves the right to ask for additional documents if required.